Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: B16B Swap Update

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lcopas's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well boys,
    IT's DONE !
    After being dead (my car that is) for 7 months ...it's finally back on the road ...
    the new engine runs real good... now I finally understand what everyone has been talking about ...the engines are very strong.
    Going from a D16Y8 to a B16B was a big step in power ... I thing at this point I am just going to drive it and leave it N/A-ed.
    ESP. now since my pocket book is dead ... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]


    '97 Honda EX B16B

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Congratulations Lou...
    Welcome to the DOHC VTEC family.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lcopas's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Thanks Jim !... now...lets talk about VTEC controllers ... I would really like to try moving the VTEC point ..any recommendations ? [img]confused.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep... Hondata s200.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lcopas's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Jim,
    Can you break this Hondata thing down... it's all very confusing ... [img]confused.gif[/img]
    I would llike to know what I would need along with the unit you mentioned if I wanted to do my own ROM burning...
    And if I didn't do my own ROM burning ... could you do it for me ?
    Does the unit you mentioned replace the ECU that is in the car or does it piggy back ?
    Will the Hondata work with a JDM ECU from a Civic Type R (PCT ECU), if not ... what ECU do I use ?
    Sorry for all the questions ...thanks for your help in advance... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 18, 2003 05:50 PM: Message edited by: lcopas ]</font>

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Call me at the shop Lou... I can break it down for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •